When looking for new channel letter signage for your business, it’s important to consider two critical aspects of a sign: the lighting and the mounting. Check out our channel letter guide for the low-down on getting the appealing and compelling channel letter sign that’s right for you.Lighting Channel letters are typically LED-lit. They can also be neon-lit, illuminated from a spotlight on the ground shining up from the ground, or not lit at all. Typically, lighting is recommended so that your commercial signage is not hidden in darkness.
- Front Lit (“face lit”): As the most common letter lighting, only the front face of the letters is illuminated.
- Reverse Lit (“halo lit”): For a more modernized shadow look, only the back of the letters is illuminated.
- Front/Back Lit: Both the front and back of the letters are illuminated, creating a dramatically dynamic appearance.
- Open Face: Opening only at the front face of the letters, these letters generally have a thinner edge for a more stylish look.
Your selection of mount type can also enhance the appeal of your sign and impact installation.
- Direct Mount: Your sign is fixed directly to the surface of your building, creating a cleaner look.
- Raceway Mount: You sign is fixed to a rectangular substrate containing the electrical appendixes. This provides an easier installation and fewer mounting holes in compliance with strict building codes.
Golden Gate Sign Company Reviews
I can't say enough about what this group did to design and build our school sign. They were immensely patient and helpful. And then the finished product---fantastic! I give a full recommendation.